Natural Baking Soda Home Remedies
Contributed by: Carol Kline
Did you know that there are numerous benefits to using baking soda? Baking soda is a must have ingredient for natural homemade remedies, it’s also inexpensive and readily available at the grocery store. Here are just a handful of uses that you may not have known about:
• Did you know that baking soda is great for relieving heartburn, indigestion, and ulcer pain? Mix a small amount with water and drink. Try starting with less than half of ¼ teaspoon and see how you feel.
• Place some baking soda on your toothbrush and scrub your teeth to help remove plaque and bad breath. It also helps whiten your teeth!
• Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply on splinters, sunburn, bee stings, and insect bites.
• Sprinkle on a vegetable brush and help remove residue and dirt from vegetables and fruit.
• Baking soda sprinkled lightly in your shoes will help deodorize them.
• Add one cup or more to a load of laundry and your clothes will be whiter and brighter.
• Sprinkle a teaspoon into your regular shampoo. Wash and rinse as usual. Your hair will be shinier and more manageable when you’re done.
• Make a paste of one part water and three parts baking soda for a natural exfoliating scrub. Rub onto your face with gentle, circular strokes, then rinse with warm water.
*** The baking soda in the above remedies, especially ones that you will be ingesting, should be an All Natural, Pure Baking Soda, like Bob’s Red Mill brand.
Sources: naturallivingideas.com, mercola.com, draxe.com, health.com